Adoption and School: Resources for Parents and Educators
These school resources about adoption include background information for educators on both international and domestic adoption, as well as ideas for adapting family-focused assignments.
They also include guidance for parents and children about how to communicate with teachers, classmates, and fellow parents about adoption.
Adoption Resources for Educators
What Educators Need to Know About Adoption
- Internationally Adopted Children: Information for Parents and Educators (National Association for School Psychologists)
- Books About International Adoption by Country (Tapestry Press)
- Adoption Basics for Educators: How Adoption Impacts Children & How Educators Can Help (Iowa Foster and Adoptive Parents Association)
- Information for School Personnel/Educators on Adoption (Concerned Persons for Adoption)
- Adoption Information in Spanish (AdoptUSKids.org)
Family Assignments: Including Diverse Families
- Out of the Shadows (Teaching Tolerance)
- Making Schools and School Assignments More Adoption-Friendly (Adoption Advocate)