American Indian / Alaska Native Heritage: Books for Young Adults
These booklists for young adults written by and about American Indians feature a wide range of genres, time periods, and perspectives. From historical fiction to contemporary stories, the featured titles will engage teen readers and make excellent additions to school libraries and classroom reading lists.
Recommendations for younger readers are available in our Books for Kids section.
Booklists for Young Adults
- Coming of Age Stories
- Contemporary Voices: American Indian Youth Today
- Graphic Novels and Comics: American Indian Heritage
- Historical Fiction for Young Adults
- Memoir & Ancestral Voices
- Native Trailblazers Series
- Poetry, Plays, and Short Stories
- American Indian Residential Schools: Books for Young Adults
- American Indian Authors: Science Fiction and Supernatural
- Sports Stories for Young Adults