Research: ELLs in Middle & High School
To see research summaries, citations, and links to full reports, click on the report titles below.
- Advanced Course Enrollment and Performance Among English Learner Students in Washington State
- Approaches to Writing Instruction for Adolescent English Language Learners: A Discussion of Recent Research and Practice Literature in Relation to Nationwide Standards on Writing
- Barriers to Wellness: Voices and Views from Young People in Five Cities
- Best Practices for Adolescent ELLs
- Between Two Worlds: How Young Latinos Come of Age in America
- Building Capacity to Promote College- and Career Readiness for Secondary English Language Learners
- Improving Literacy Outcomes for English Language Learners in High School: Considerations for States and Districts in Developing a Coherent Policy Framework
- Making Writing Instruction a Priority in America's Middle and High Schools
- Measures of Change: The Demography and Literacy of Adolescent English Learners
- Promoting Academic Literacy Among Secondary English Language Learners: A Synthesis of Research and Practice
- Reparable Harm: Fulfilling the Unkept Promise of Educational Opportunity for California's Long Term English Learners.
- Speaking Out: Latino Youth on Discrimination in the United States
- Voices of Native Educators: Strategies that Support Success of Native High School Students