- Teaching Informational Text to ELLs
- Instructional Suggestions for ELLs: PARCC Assessment Task (Part 2)
- An Innovative High School CCSS Lesson for ELLs: Letters from John Smith
- Common Core and ELLs: Classroom Videos from Colorín Colorado
- Teaching and Assessing ELLs' Listening Skills with Listenwise
Research and Reports
Recommended ELL Resources
Classroom Strategies for ELLs
The following resources can be used to support ELL instruction with the Common Core standards. They include articles, blog and journal entries, classroom video clips, and interviews with educators.
- Language Arts Instruction for ELLs
- Close Reading
- Reading Non-Fiction / Informational Text
- Math Strategies & Resources
- A Teachers' Guide to the Common Core
Related Topics & Tools
Many of these resources and tools have been developed with the Common Core in mind and are featured on our Common Core and ELLs blog. Others highlight best practices that veteran ELL educators recommend using with ELLs across content areas.
- Tools to Help with Lesson Planning
- Background Knowledge
- Academic Language
- Teaching Vocabulary
- Speaking & Listening
These classroom video modules and lesson plans produced by Colorín Colorado offer a model of Common Core-aligned instruction with English language learners at different grade-levels.