Colorín Colorado: Facebook Live Series
Colorín Colorado is pleased to host a series of Facebook Live events this year! These interactive video chats will offer our audience the chance to hear from our regular contributors and special guests, ask questions, and connect with each other. Archives will be available both on Facebook through our site following the events.
Special thanks to the National Education Association for their support of this series!
Writing for Kids and Teens about American Muslim Experiences
When: January 23 at 1:00 pm ET
Guest: Hena Khan, Author
How does it work?
Do I need a Facebook account to watch the live video?
No. You can watch the event while it is live on our Facebook page without an account. You do need an account to post a comment during the event or share the archive when it is complete.
What if I can't make it?
No problem! An archive of video posts to our Facebook page automatically as soon as the event ends. We will also post an archive of the events with resources mentioned in the discussion on our website following the chat. Feel free to send us questions ahead of time at email@example.com with "Facebook Live question" in the subject line and take a look at the archived video following the event.
Follow us on Facebook to get a notification when it starts!
If you follow us, you will receive an alert at the time the event starts.
Send us your questions!
You can send us questions ahead of time at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Facebook Live question" in the subject line.
Colorín Colorado links coming soon!
- Advocating for ELLs, with Dr. Diane Staehr Fenner (Facebook | Colorín Colorado)
- Helping ELLs Have a Great Year: A Principal's Perspective, with Nathaniel Provencio, principal of Minnieville Elementary School, VA (Facebook | Colorín Colorado)
- What does it feel like to be an ELL? with Sean Pang, Washington Post Teacher of the Year (Facebook Part 1, Part 2)
- Why Building Relationships with ELLs Matters, with Anne Marie Foerster Luu, Montgomery County (Facebook)
- Special Education and ELLs, with Cristina Sánchez-López (Facebook | Colorín Colorado)
- How Mainstream Teachers Can Support ELLs, with Sarah Moore, Center for Applied Linguistics (Facebook)
- Collaborating on Behalf of ELLs, with Katy Padilla, Mason Crest Elementary School, VA (Facebook | Colorín Colorado)